Yeguang Xue is currently a 3rd year Ph.D. student in Mechanical Engineering Department at Northwestern University. He is now working with Professor Yonggang Huang. He has wide interests in research topics including:
- Mechanics modeling and design of stretchable electronics
- Finite element and mesh free methods in computational mechanics
- Multi-scale modeling of advanced materials
Yeguang has published >10 papers in journals, including sister journals of Science and Nature, top mechanics journal JMPS. He was invited as reviewer for Journal of Applied Mechanics (Transactions of the ASME).
Our paper "A Soft, Wearable Microfluidic Device for the Capture, Storage, and Colorimetric Sensing of Sweat" was highlighted as cover on Science Translational Medicine.
Our paper "Theoretical and Experimental Studies of Epidermal Heat Flux Sensors for Measurements of Core Body Temperature" was highlighted as inside front cover on Advanced Healthcare Materials.
- X. Wang, Y. Ma, Y. Xue, H. Luan, M. Pharr, X. Feng, J. A. Rogers and Y. Huang, "Collapse of liquid-overfilled strain-isolation substrates in wearable electronics", International Journal of Solids and Structures 117, 137-142 (2017)
- H. Fang, K. J. Yu, C. Gloschat, Z. Yang, E. Song, C. Chiang, J. Zhao, S. M. Won, S. Xu, M. Trumpis, Y. Zhong, S. W. Han, Y. Xue, D. Xu, S. W. Choi, G. Cauwenberghs, M. Kay, Y. Huang, J. Viventi, I. R. Efimov and J. A. Rogers, "Capacitively coupled arrays of multiplexed flexible silicon transistors for long-term cardiac electrophysiology", Nature Biomedical Engineering 1, 0038 (2017)
- Y. Y. Yu, X. J. Bai, M. C. Kung, Y. Xue, Y. Huang, D. T. Keane and H. H. Kung, "Electromechanical properties of reduced graphene oxide thin film on 3D elastomeric substrate", Carbon 115, 380-387 (2017)
- X. Ning, H. Wang, X. Yu, J. A. Soares, Z. Yan, K. Nan, G. Velarde, Y. Xue, R. Sun, Q. Dong, H. Luan, C. M. Lee, A. Chempakasseril, M. Han, Y. Wang, L. Li, Y. Huang, Y. Zhang and J. A. Rogers, "3D Tunable, Multiscale, and Multistable Vibrational Micro-Platforms Assembled by Compressive Buckling", Advanced Functional Materials 27, (2017)
- Y. K. Lee, K. Jang, Y. Ma, A. Koh, H. Chen, H. N. Jung, Y. Kim, J. W. Kwak, L. Wang, Y. Xue, Y. Yang, W. Tian, Y. Jiang, Y. Zhang, X. Feng, Y. Huang and J. A. Rogers, "Chemical Sensing Systems that Utilize Soft Electronics on Thin Elastomeric Substrates with Open Cellular Designs", Advanced Functional Materials 27, (2017)
- Y. Xue, D. Kang, Y. Ma, X. Feng, J. A. Rogers and Y. Huang, "Collapse of microfluidic channels/reservoirs in thin, soft epidermal devices", Extreme Mechanics Letters 11, 18-23 (2017)
- K. Nan, H. Luan, Z. Yan, X. Ning, Y. Wang, A. Wang, J. Wang, M. Han, M. Chang, K. Li, Y. Zhang, W. Huang, Y. Xue, Y. Huang, Y. Zhang and J. A. Rogers, "Engineered Elastomer Substrates for Guided Assembly of Complex 3D Mesostructures by Spatially Nonuniform Compressive Buckling", Advanced Functional Materials 27, (2017)
- Y. Ma, M. Pharr, L. Wang, J. Kim, Y. Liu, Y. Xue, R. Ning, X. Wang, H. U. Chung, X. Feng, J. A. Rogers and Y. Huang, "Soft Elastomers with Ionic Liquid-Filled Cavities as Strain Isolating Substrates for Wearable Electronics", Small 13, (2017)
- J. Choi, Y. Xue, W. Xia, T. Ray, J. Reeder, A. Bandodkar, D. Kang, S. Xu, Y. Huang and J. A. Rogers, "Soft, skin-mounted microfluidic systems for measuring secretory fluidic pressures generated at the surface of the skin by eccrine sweat glands", Lab Chip (2017)
- A. Koh, D. Kang, Y. Xue, S. Lee, R. M. Pielak, J. Kim, T. Hwang, S. Min, A. Banks, P. Bastien, M. C. Manco, L. Wang, K. R. Ammann, K. Jang, P. Won, S. Han, R. Ghaffari, U. Paik, M. J. Slepian, G. Balooch, Y. Huang and J. A. Rogers, "A soft, wearable microfluidic device for the capture, storage, and colorimetric sensing of sweat", Science Translational Medicine 8, (2016)
- Y. Ma, K. Jang, L. Wang, H. N. Jung, J. W. Kwak, Y. Xue, H. Chen, Y. Yang, D. Shi, X. Feng, J. A. Rogers and Y. Huang, "Design of Strain-Limiting Substrate Materials for Stretchable and Flexible Electronics", Advanced Functional Materials 26, 5345-5351 (2016)
- Y. Zhang, R. C. Webb, H. Luo, Y. Xue, J. Kurniawan, N. H. Cho, S. Krishnan, Y. Li, Y. Huang and J. A. Rogers, "Theoretical and Experimental Studies of Epidermal Heat Flux Sensors for Measurements of Core Body Temperature", Advanced Healthcare Materials 5, 119-127 (2016)
- H. Fang, J. Zhao, K. J. Yu, E. Song, A. B. Farimani, C. Chiang, X. Jin, Y. Xue, D. Xu, W. Du, K. J. Seo, Y. Zhong, Z. Yang, S. M. Won, G. Fang, S. W. Choi, S. Chaudhuri, Y. Huang, M. A. Alam, J. Viventi, N. R. Aluru and J. A. Rogers, "Ultrathin, transferred layers of thermally grown silicon dioxide as biofluid barriers for biointegrated flexible electronic systems", Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 113, 11682-11687 (2016)
- Y. Ma, Y. Xue, K. Jang, X. Feng, J. A. Rogers and Y. Huang, "Wrinkling of a stiff thin film bonded to a pre-strained, compliant substrate with finite thickness", Proceedings of the Royal Society a-Mathematical Physical and Engineering Sciences 472, (2016)
- Y. Xue, Y. Zhang, X. Feng, S. Kim, J. A. Rogers and Y. Huang, "A theoretical model of reversible adhesion in shape memory surface relief structures and its application in transfer printing", Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids 77, 27-42 (2015)
Technological Institute (“TECH” Building), A160
2145 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60208