Yeguang Xue is currently a 3rd year Ph.D. student in Mechanical Engineering Department at Northwestern University. He is now working with Professor Yonggang Huang. He has wide interests in research topics including:
- Mechanics modeling and design of stretchable electronics
- Finite element and mesh free methods in computational mechanics
- Multi-scale modeling of advanced materials
Yeguang has published >10 papers in journals, including sister journals of Science and Nature, top mechanics journal JMPS. He was invited as reviewer for Journal of Applied Mechanics (Transactions of the ASME).
Our paper "A Soft, Wearable Microfluidic Device for the Capture, Storage, and Colorimetric Sensing of Sweat" was highlighted as cover on Science Translational Medicine.
My research focuses on developing electronic devices that can be stretched, bend or twisted, which have wide application in bio-sensor and health monitors.
A few figures
Advanced Transfer Printing Techniques
Transfer printing is one of the most important technologies in micro/nano assembly.
A few figures
Devices for Health Monitor
A few figures
- A. Koh, D. Kang, Y. Xue, S. Lee, R. M. Pielak, J. Kim, T. Hwang, S. Min, A. Banks, P. Bastien, M. C. Manco, L. Wang, K. R. Ammann, K. Jang, P. Won, S. Han, R. Ghaffari, U. Paik, M. J. Slepian, G. Balooch, Y. Huang and J. A. Rogers, "A soft, wearable microfluidic device for the capture, storage, and colorimetric sensing of sweat", Science Translational Medicine 8, (2016)
- Y. Ma, K. Jang, L. Wang, H. N. Jung, J. W. Kwak, Y. Xue, H. Chen, Y. Yang, D. Shi, X. Feng, J. A. Rogers and Y. Huang, "Design of Strain-Limiting Substrate Materials for Stretchable and Flexible Electronics", Advanced Functional Materials 26, 5345-5351 (2016)
- Y. Zhang, R. C. Webb, H. Luo, Y. Xue, J. Kurniawan, N. H. Cho, S. Krishnan, Y. Li, Y. Huang and J. A. Rogers, "Theoretical and Experimental Studies of Epidermal Heat Flux Sensors for Measurements of Core Body Temperature", Advanced Healthcare Materials 5, 119-127 (2016)
- H. Fang, J. Zhao, K. J. Yu, E. Song, A. B. Farimani, C. Chiang, X. Jin, Y. Xue, D. Xu, W. Du, K. J. Seo, Y. Zhong, Z. Yang, S. M. Won, G. Fang, S. W. Choi, S. Chaudhuri, Y. Huang, M. A. Alam, J. Viventi, N. R. Aluru and J. A. Rogers, "Ultrathin, transferred layers of thermally grown silicon dioxide as biofluid barriers for biointegrated flexible electronic systems", Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 113, 11682-11687 (2016)
- Y. Ma, Y. Xue, K. Jang, X. Feng, J. A. Rogers and Y. Huang, "Wrinkling of a stiff thin film bonded to a pre-strained, compliant substrate with finite thickness.", Proceedings. Mathematical, physical, and engineering sciences 472, 20160339 (2016)
- Y. Xue, Y. Zhang, X. Feng, S. Kim, J. A. Rogers and Y. Huang, "A theoretical model of reversible adhesion in shape memory surface relief structures and its application in transfer printing", Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids 77, 27-42 (2015)
Technological Institute (“TECH” Building), A160
2145 Sheridan Road, Evanston, IL 60208